Looking for career direction? Feeling isolated in your current role? Ready for new challenges? Are there gaps in your skillset? Want to pay it forward?
If you’re ambitious and driven, NZATD and AITD’s mentoring program could be the perfect professional development opportunity for you.
This mentoring program brings experienced professionals together with others looking to develop their skills or careers. It’s a reciprocal relationship of sharing knowledge, advice and reflection while supporting each other and promoting growth.
Registrations are now Open for 2023
The 2023 mentoring program will run from 1 February to 31 December 2023
We invite mentors and mentees to apply now.
Registrations will be accepted up to 1 August 2023.
How it Works
Once you have registered, you will be given access to the Mentorloop platform to complete a profile. Based on this information, you will be matched with a mentor/mentee.
Mentors and mentees can set their own schedule of meetups, but we encourage you to meet (either in person or virtually) at least once a month across the duration of the program.
As the program progresses, you will also have the option to reach out to others in the program to broaden your horizons and expand your network further.
Who can Apply?
The mentoring programme is exclusive to NZATD and AITD members, and participants will be matched with a mentor/mentee according to their interests or needs.
The programme uses an innovative mentor programme management platform called MentorLoop.
Mentors are usually experienced, successful L&D, HR or OD professionals. They’re ethical, reflective, knowledgeable, supportive, trustworthy – and, of course, available.
Mentor benefits include:
- developing mentoring skills: giving feedback, communication and advice
- exposure to emerging issues
- making a meaningful contribution to AITD and the wider learning and development profession.
- mentoring certification through mentorloop
Mentees may be new to a profession or may want to move into a different or more senior role. Mentees must be willing to listen and learn, should be open to change, be reflective, committed, flexible and, above all, motivated.
Mentee benefits include:
- the wisdom, knowledge and expertise of one or more mentor(s)
- a widened professional network
- improved communication and interpersonal skills
- setting and working towards goals and identifying growth targets
- career guidance and improved confidence
- intentional and focused reflection.
Registration is $350AUD for mentees.
There is no registration fee for mentors.
How to Apply
From the AITD website page https://www.aitd.com.au/mentoring, select the link for NZATD members to register and apply.
You will need to include your name, email address, physical address, mobile phone number and your NZATD membership number.
Tip: To find your membership number, log into the NZATD website, and click on ‘Member Profile’. When the page loads, click ‘View Profile/Edit Profile’ and you will see your membership number displayed. Alternately, email Janette at email@example.com to ask.
AITD will send you an invoice for the cost of the programme. Details on how to access Mentorloop will be provided in January 2023 or within 2 working days of registering or after payment has been received.
- The program commences on 1 February 2023.
- Registrations will be accepted up to 1 August 2023.
- The program concludes on 31 December 2023
- The program is hosted on the Mentorloop mentoring platform.
For more information, click here to visit AITD’s website: www.aitd.com.au/mentoring