About Us — Our Team and Branches
Our Team is made up of both volunteers and a paid employee who work tirelessly and enthusiastically at a national level and local level.
- Administrator – Janette Stewart
- National President – Joanna Smith
- Upper North Island Branch Team including the Branch President and committee members
- Lower North Island Branch Team including the Branch President and committee members
- South Island Branch Team including the Branch President and committee members
The National Executive responsible for governance and setting the direction of the organisation. Local committees are responsible for the management of events in within their branches and fostering L&D Practice at the local level.
For more information, click contact us or email firstname.lastname@example.org
The National Executive is accountable to our membership for the overall running of NZATD. They develop strategy and policy within the rules of NZATD and are responsible for the Annual Meeting and any changes to the rules.
In recent years the National Executive has set national goals to measure organisational performance.
The National Executive is made up of the National President, the Branch Presidents and, up to 6 people from local Branches.
- Janette Steward – Administrator
- Joanna Smith – National President
- Anne Pollard – Upper North Island Brand President
- Anna Wilton – Lower North Island Branch President
- Kath Cherrie – Lower North Island Branch representative
- Geoff Ngataierua – South Island Branch President
The National Committee is a combined meeting of all Branch committees and the National Executive. It meets once every 3 months.
The purpose of the National Committee is to help the separate groups managing NZATD at a branch level to understand each other’s perspectives and to work together on National priorities.
Upper North Island Branch
NZATD Upper North Island Branch region includes the districts of Waikato, Bay of Plenty, Auckland and Northland. Members include professionals from both public and private sectors. We aim to support educational designers, trainers, facilitators and leaders of learning by sharing knowledge & experience and exploring best practice across the different fields of practice within L&D.
- Branch President: Anne Pollard
- Committee: Kim Dovey, Cain Prentice, Giyora Barzilay and Liz Rawlings
Contact us: UNI@nzatd.org.nz
Lower North Island Branch
NZATD Lower North Island Branch region includes the districts of Hawkes Bay, Manawatu-Wanganui, Taranaki and Wellington. Members are split between government and private sector professionals. Many are human resources and learning and development specialists, independent practitioners, and consultants.
- Branch President: Anna Wilton
- Committee: Kath Cherrie, David Webb, Helen Coates, Leonie Black, Miranda Welch, Angela Page
Contact us: LNI@nzatd.org.nz
South Island Branch
NZATD South Island Branch enjoys connecting with local members, individuals and organisations who share a passion and professional interest in learning and development. Our network welcomes anyone who wants to share in rich conversations, ideas to enhance professional practice and to explore the successes and challenges of adult learning in the corporate, not- for -profit and community sectors.
- Branch President: Geoff Ngataierua
- Committee: Email us if you interested in joining the team!
Contact us: email@example.com
Board of Studies
The NZATD Board of Studies oversees the NZATD Professional Membership programme. The BoS are responsible for reviewing all Professional Membership applications and rewarding eligible applicants with membership including Professional, Fellow and Life.
The current BoS members include:
- Diane Edwards (chair)
- Fiona Berthold
- John Faisandier
The NZATD National Executive oversees the BoS including role, responsibilities and board member selection.
To find out more about Professional Membership, click here .
To contact the BoS, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
NZATD Education Trust
The NZATD Education Trust was established in 1985. Although the Trust uses the NZATD name, it is an independent legal entity.
Its purpose is to foster and advance the principles, methods and practical aspects of training and development and as such, provides training and development related grants to anyone to assist with specific proposals (projects).
As a charitable trust, the trustees must ensure that they are contributing to the whole of the training and development community, not just members of NZATD. The Trust has four permanent trustees. The NZATD President and NZATD Treasurer are ex-officio trustees.
To find out more about The NZATD Education Trust and how to apply for a grant, click here .
National Presidents - Past and Present
The National Presidents of NZATD since it was constituted:
- Joanna Smith (Upper North Island - Current National President)
- Kath Cherrie (Lower North Island)
- Diane Edwards (Upper North Island)
- Barbara Morris (Lower North Island)
- Simon Taylor (Lower North Island)
- Beryl Oldham (Upper North Island)
- Kevin Day (Lower North Island)
- Phillippa Elliott (South Island)
- Doug Turner (Upper North Island)
- Colin Dawson (Upper North Island)
- Leonie Black (Lower North Island)
- Russell Robb (South Island)
- Alan Barker (Upper North Island)
Under the former NZIM structure the National Presidents were:
- Bob Wrighton
- Matt Willoughby Graham